Announcement Date: September 7, 1955
Making the club run smoothly for all members to enjoy required finding just the right club manager, and Vernon Castle was wooed away from his managership of Lakewood Country Club to fill the position. Subsequently, in September 1955, he acquired a secretary, Dorothy Thompson, bringing the total Petroleum Club employees to two. The kitchen and dining room staff were employed by Ricart’s under the lease agreement, which included assignment of Willie Williams to serve the cardroom. When the cardroom moved, so did Willie, officially making him employee number three.