Announcement Date: May 17, 1958
The building was completed on May 10, 1958, and the Grand Opening Party was held on May 17th, 1958.
Although the Club was opened, there was still much to be accomplished and at every turn there seemed to be increased but necessary costs and expenses in addition to the obligatory payments to be made on existing contracts. The Finance Committee and Board of Directors had their hands full in getting the club financially off the ground during those first months of operation, plus the fact that there was a great slump in the local oil industry during this period. Nevertheless, with such smart operators at the helm and good management, the obligations have been met over the years in a very creditable manner to there the original indebtedness of over $700,000 has been reduced to a minimum.