Announcement Date: September 25, 1957
The purchase agreement with Mr. Reingardt was executed on January 22, 1957, and the start of construction was planned for July 1. However, local labor trouble delayed the groundbreaking to September 25, which precluded any hope of being in the new quarters for the Holidays.
The Building Committee, with Slim Fowler as Chairman, was necessarily faced with myriad duties incidental to its function, all of which were exceedingly time-consuming. To expedite matters somewhat for them, they were empowered by a Board Resolution to accept bids and to contract for furniture, furnishings, and equipment.